TwoGroove.com - Musical Musings

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Past, Present, Future: Greg Gescha

cdshakkeiContinuing our unplanned, 2-stop tour of Canadian singer/songwriters (Daniela Nardi was the other), I'm happy to present TwoGroove's interview with acoustic solo artist Greg Gescha. Check out some select tracks from Shakkei, Greg's recently released album. Stay tuned for a review, coming up when I can catch up on all the great interviews I have to share with you!

1. Past: What is your musical background? What has led you to this point?
I grew up around my parents music as well as my older brother’s records which they’d bring back from boarding school in Victoria when we lived in Trinidad & Tobago. In school there, I would act and sing in plays. We’d sing carols in the morning. Music was everywhere.

I learned guitar at age 9 and by 14 had started to write my own songs. I’d jam with friends throughout my school days and in high school, would enter talent contests.

From grade 12 and onward I’ve been involved with bands (original/cover). From ’92-’97 I put out 3 CD's with different bands. By 2000 I was concentrating more than ever on my own music which I’d been continuing on the sidelines.

2. Present: Where are you at now in your career? What are you currently working on?
I released my 3rd solo CD in Nov’08. Had a CD release party w/a full band. Now I’d like to start playing around the city/province and get some exposure on that level as well as on the internet and radio.

3. Future: What’s coming up for you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I will strive to become a better musician/songwriter. Perhaps do more collaboration. Like to get a decent video done.
In 5 yrs. I’d hope to have a couple more CD;s out as well as have a name that’s somewhat recognizable in the music community here in Canada and abroad.

4. Where can people find more of your music?
I have my own website, greggescha.com and a myspace. I’m also on radio3.cbc.ca and soon to be on myspace.com/kerfmusic.

I recently signed up with Tunecore so I’ll have my music available for purchase through sites like Napster, Emusic and Amazon.mp3.

5. Anything you’d like to plug?
I’d like to plug in my car now cuz it’s freakin cold!!

No comments:

TwoGroove: Musical Musings

Submit your EPK Blog Directory