TwoGroove.com - Musical Musings

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Those Wonderful Figs

So I admit it, I am not a huge fan of folk or "Americana" music. It's just how I am wired.







I am, however, quite fond of White Ghost Shivers and The Figs. They were both at Continental Club last night and played to a packed house.

White Ghost Shivers I have heard of. The Figs were new to me and I instantly became a fan. Not only do they play with passion and skill, they are genuinely funny and charming between songs. Plenty of bands get on stage, play their set, and maybe mumble something about merchandise. The Figs, all six of them, were having a grand ol' time as they were describing the trip from Louisiana to Austin. It kept the crowd engaged and made for a great show.

They will be at Roadhouse Rags tonight at 9; I suggest you check them out!

No comments:

TwoGroove: Musical Musings

Submit your EPK Blog Directory